Porsche 944 Turbo Cup
Factory order number: M638, M754
Production date: -
- See also: 944 Turbo Rothmans Turbo Cup
- 1986 - Germany
- 1987 - Europe
- Sponsored by Sonauto, Porsche importer for France.
- 250hp and ABS.
- Open race exhaust with no catalytic converter.
- 24 starters.
- René Metge won the championship.
France 1988, 1989
- 11 cup events
- 30 new Porsche 944 Turbo Cup cars.
- Tuned by Dany Snobeck
- Increased boost pressure from 0.83 to 1.2 bar.
- 290km/h top speed
South African 1992
- Toby Venter was the winner.
World Finale 1988
- Four runs at the Kyalami circuit in South Africa.
- Nine teams each from Cup circuits in Germany, Canada and South Africa.
- Roland Asch won the world finale.
World Finale 1989
- 50 cars at Le Mans, France.
- Drivers from the German, French, Canadian and South African Turbo Cups.
- Anders Olofsson won the world finale.
A '86 cup car, still without sponsor decals but fitted with racing tires.