Porsche 944 Turbo S
- Production: 1000+635, 917 to RoW and 718 to US (70 to UK and 22 to Canada)
- Production date: April 1988.
Specifications - European 1988
- Max power (hp/rpm): 250/6000
- Max torque (nm/rpm): 350/4000
- Factory order number: M758.
- Based on the previous years 944 Turbo Cup cars.
- Called "944 Turbo SE" or "944 Turbo Special Equipment" in UK.
- Called "944 Turbo Cup" in France.
- 635 cars were finished in standard colors and trim.
- Uprated five-speed gearbox.
- Limited-slip differential.
- Chassis modified to fully-complement the increased power.
- Adjustable Koni shock absorbers all round.
- Improved four-piston fixed-caliper brakes from the 928 S4.
- Anti-lock braking system.
- Metallic Silver Rose paint.
- Forged seven-spoke 16-inch alloy wheels, 7J 225/50 at the front and 9J 245/45 at the rear.
- Burgundy carpets and dashboard.
- Studio cloth in shades of pink for the seats and door inlays.
- Turbo graphics on the right front wing.
The first 1000 cars were painted in Metallic silver rose paint.
The first 1000 cars had studio cloth in shades of pink.